Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wow

Has it really been so long? I keep waiting for my computer to be fixed so that I can change up my site and unChristmasy it. I suppose I am just keeping up with those who say we should carry the theme of Christmas in our hearts every day!
It's kind of a drag not having my normal computer. I am very thankful for the laptop-it just doesn' t have all my programs and pictures and all my doo dads in it. Hopefully in the next week things will be back to normal.
I have been listening to a great study in 1Samuel the past week. (you can click on Calvary Modesto to the right if you want to listen). Wow, so many different things going on in my heart. Rejoicing, excitement, conviction, searching. Isn't that just what the Word of God is intended to do? Hannah's beautiful example of prayer and trusting God, how not to parent by Eli, the children of Israel wanting to be like everyone else and rejecting what they had, Samuel, and his heart to serve the Lord, Saul, Jonathon. It's just amazing. Yesterday I was literally almost jumping inside listening about Jonathon's faith. I liked the quote Damien used-
The children of Israel looked at God in light of their circumstances, yet Jonathon looked at the circumstances in light of who His God is. It is something we have heard before but sometimes it just needs repeating and the Lord knows when! It is so so true. Things around us can seem hopeless, bleak, mundane at times. Beauacracy, difficult situations, but who is our God? Has He not allowed these things to pass our way. Has He not promised "Lo, I am with you always". Do not fear, put your hope in Me...all these promises He gives us and yet when faced with difficulty how do we respond? Sometimes I just want to give up-throw my hands up in the air and say 'what now'. Throwing my hands up is good if I am releasing it all into His hands! I need to do that more often. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.
What a promise that is!
I want faith like Jonathon-faith that says, you know what, the enemy doesn't scare me, I am not going to chicken out and go run and hide-I know my God, I know his record, I know what He has accomplished in the past, and I know He will do it again. Noone gets away with messing around with the children of God. We need not run into caves because of fear!!
How I wish I could put a little picture on the post today-or a little cute doodad. Once again it has to wait.
Throw your hands up today-give Him whatever you have been holding onto. Let it go and keep your hands up in praise!!! He loves you unconditionally!!!

No comments: