Saturday, July 20, 2013

Update on Jim

I decided to take to the blog to let everyone who is interested know what happened and what is happening with Jim.  To try and write on Facebook is just too long.

First, I really apologize to those who have written asking what is going on. Besides family,  I let a few people know the day of and figured that between the three of them everyone who is close to us would find out.  I wasn't in the mood to write on Facebook, answer emails, messages, etc.  I wasn't trying to be mean or evasive but to be honest, other people weren't the first things on my mind.  My husband and his health were and still are.  So, if I haven't returned an email or responded to a message please bare with us and try to place yourselves where we are right now.  We have been in 'waiting and testing mode'.

On Monday we were out in Padova with my sister and her family.  We had lunch and then the some of us went in one direction while the guys went in another.  I happened to see that Jim and Jim (my sister's hubby is also Jim) were sitting down again.  I just figured they were bored and not wanting to walk anymore.  We met up about 1/2 later and started walking towards the car.  Not long after my Jim had to stop because he wasn't feeling well.  He rested and then attempted to continue walking but couldn't.  We sat down on a bench and my sister and her Jim went to get our car.  By this time Jim's neck was hurting and he couldn't move his head.  Come to find out the reason the guys were sitting in the first place was because his eyesight got blurry and he thought he was going blind.  Then, his chest starting hurting and he said it was like 300 lbs sitting on his chest.  His fingers and toes started to itch too.  It was scary time for us and even Jim was pretty scared.  I was so thankful for my sister being there and her husband so they could be in charge of the events and keep us all calm.

So the ambulance came and took him to the hospital and the EKG didn't show he had a heart attack.  His oxygen level was very low (86) so they had to give him oxygen.  He has been in the hospital being tested and his latest EKG yesterday was hard to get a reading on a part of his heart so they are pretty sure he has blockage in his arteries.  They will run more tests on Monday,  and hopefully we will get more results.  They want to do the angioplasty after they have exhausted the other tests-why, I don't really know.  I understand it is invasive but at the same time it would be good to just know so that we can have him back  home

We feel extremely blessed and thankful that God gave him this warning sign.  He had been experiencing chest pains a couple weeks ago but you know how easy it is to put things off and not think about the seriousness of them.  Looking back, I think of how tired he has been in the past weeks, even months.  We have been keeping busy and pretty active walking around, doing a lot so we just passed it off as being tired and of course age and being out of shape.  Now we know better to heed the warning signs in the future.

The good news is that if it is Coronary Artery Disease it is fixable.  His diet needs to change and depending on how much build up  there is will determine if he just needs medicine or a balloon inserted inside.

He has made good use out of his stay in the hospital so far-always the evangelist :)  The whole floor knows who he is and what he does-why he is here in Italy :)  The doctors and staff cannot believe he would leave beautiful San Diego for Padova!!  God so blessed him with a room that only has 2 beds.  This was a nice gift considering in Hungary there were 8 to a room and most of the rooms on his floor are 4-6 to a room.  He has me bringing in different things each day-his roommate went home yesterday and Jim gave him some audio tracts that Rob Nash gave him for evangelising.  The nurse came in the other morning and saw him reading his Bible and said "Bravo"!!!  She was so happy he was reading it :)  So, in the midst of all the scary stuff we see God's hand upon him and seeds being planted in places that we never would have thought of.

We appreciate so very much the outpour of love and prayers coming our way.  Please continue to write even if I don't respond immediately.  It really does bring joy to my heart and helps remind me that even though it feels so lonely at times, we are not alone.  I honestly cherish each message, email and fb post that you write. I feel like it is God's way of wrapping His arms around us and giving us hugs long distance.  I think I miss that a lot right now.  I know that if we were there we would get a lot of hugs and comfort :)  Some of you have written specific scriptures the Lord gave  you for us and even some have written from a devotional. Seriously, it makes me cry to know that God cares that much and uses the Body of Christ no matter how far away we are from one another to minister to us.  It's such a good reminder for us to be faithful and not to put off writing or sharing something if the Lord puts in on our hearts to do.  We never know what effect those words can have for someone.  I haven't slept more than 3-4 hours a night since Monday so exhaustion is setting in but God is faithful and step by step gives us the strength we need.  Your notes have truly given me strength and I pass it on to Jim every day.  He is so touched and thankful!

They are short staffed at the hospital so he gets to come home today for 24 hours.  This is a good sign meaning that he isn't considered an emergency any longer.  I will pick him up at 3pm today and then he goes back at 3pm tomorrow.  Pray I don't smother him and over-react at every little breath or sound that he makes :)

I will do my best to update as we know more.  Until then, cherish all that God has given you and never take anyone in your life for granted.  Life is precious and so are the people that the Lord has placed in our lives!

My Love

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you both!

John and Jacque Renwick

Amber Lea said...

Praying!!! Love you both so much!
-Amber Dow

celestevy said...

Thank you for the update. We love you all and will continue to pray for you and Jim.

Denise said...

" I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices"

Jim and Margie - we have been unceasingly praying for you both, and am confident that God's grace and presence is poured upon you right now. Get some much needed rest today. Love you. Denise & Rob

Anonymous said...

God bless you and keep you safe! In Jesus precious name! Amen!

Cynthia Barger said...

Oh, Margie! Ron and I are so praying for both of you (Marla too). You will be a great nurse at home and give him the best care. God is moving and using your family in a way you couldn't have imagined just a week ago. Take care of yourself, girl. Ron and I so appreciate your ministry, faithfulness and love. God will supply all you need.~Cindy

Anonymous said...

Margie & Jim,

Greg and I are praying for both of you......we love you guys more then you can imagine and thank you for serving in God's Army. After I read your fb I went here for your post. So sorry, but I didn't have any idea what was going on. As I sit here this verse came to mind...ISA 41:10 "Do not fear, for I am with you, I am the Lord your GOD who takes hold of your right hand and say to you, do not fear I will help you". We love you, Brenda & Greg

Heart4Israel said...

Shalom Margie and Jim,

I pray that God's Shalom will surround you and I know that He is doing just that! We will be praying that the Lord will continue to care for you! I had a bit of a health issue myself back in April with some double vision and it was a bit concerning! All seems to be better but still have no idea what was going on!

Sandy Abrisch said...

Hi Margie. Wish I could be there to give you those hugs and a shoulder to lean on. Miss both of you and are prayng for both of you. The Lord brought to my remembrance the verse I recited all night long before my heart surgery. Is 26 3-4 You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in YAH, the Lord is everlasting strength. I have no doubt you are both trusting and that He will give you strength and peace. Love you Sandy

angbe said...

Hi Margie & Jim, Yes I'm praying, too. And we need you guys around if we get to go to Padova! I know God's got this and that was a good word about cherishing those who are in your life. Love you, Angie